Can I crossfade audio files for playback ?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Can I crossfade audio files for playback ?

netrix
Hi all,
hopefully a quickie.
I have v2.9.5 and i would like to create a playlist of songs to play out at as background music at a party (mp3 files)
When I look at the fader options they are all greyed out ?
Is this possible ?

Also - is there an option to normalise the track volumes so the overall volume doesn't jump about between tracks ?

Many thanks in advance for any help

Regards

Netrix
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Can I crossfade audio files for playback ?

mixage
Administrator
Hello Netrix,

The fade/crossfade stuff is a QMid Pro only feature.

QMidi Pro additional features

Play audio/video and MIDI in sync.
    MTC (MIDI Time code) sync.
    Crossfade your MIDI, audio and video files.
    Metronome with precount and user specified audio channel output.
    Ability to manually preload the next song.

There's no level normalize feature right now, sorry.
Mixage Software
www.mixagesoftware.com
support@mixagesoftware.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Can I crossfade audio files for playback ?

Dikikeys
There are several MacOS batch processors for MP3’s to level their volumes. If you have your audio localized in one folder structure (nestled folders are OK) you can click on the top folder and the batch processor will go in and adjust the lot.

But there’s no magic bullet… batch processors or auto leveling can’t tell if a dance mp3 is under volume, or it’s a ballad and NEEDS to be a bit quieter. A certain amount of hand adjusting is always needed on certain tracks.

Then there’s the issue of older music being mastered to much lower levels than modern music. Simple ‘normalization’, which looks for a file’s peak and increases the whole track to get that peak to just hit 0db (or -.3db to be on the safe side) still won’t make an 80’s track as loud as a modern one because it won’t have been mastered with as much compression and limiting.

The better batch processors look at a track’s overall average volume, and will turn down modern tracks a bit so older, more dynamic ones can be brought up to match. This is rather different from normalization…