classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Export/import library metadata

musicadi
Hi again :)

I decided to reinstall Qmidi, so I delete the library and preferences and was wondering if there is a way to export/import the whole library's metadata (title, album, key aso.) as a csv or excel file, so it can be easily edited?

If it's not possible, then this would be a cool feature to add :)

Thanks,
Adrian
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Export/import library metadata

mixage
Administrator
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Mixage Software
www.mixagesoftware.com
support@mixagesoftware.com
Reply | Threaded
|

kenstock59
Hi,

I too would love to see the ability to export the library to a csv file. I'm not having an issue with the library like the previous user. I just don't find the library robust enough for my use. For example, I work with a lot of hymns, for which lyrics are often written by someone other than the composer. The library only has a field for composer, not the lyricist. I've added the lyricist to the comments field, but searches don't work on that field. (And I've found that searches are not entirely reliable in others contexts as well.) A separate field for "Tune" would also be useful, e.g. Hyfrodol, Tallis Canon, etc. One tune may be used for many different hymns. A separate field for meter would also be useful. Any hymn that has the same meter as a different tune can also be sung to that tune.

I would not expect QMidi to add all those features, but that illustrates why it would be useful to export the library database to be able to add such fields in a database of my own creation.  Another example is sharing data on my collection of hymns, for example with the hymnary.org website.

I'm not holding my breath, but I'd find such a feature very useful.

Thanks,

Ken
Reply | Threaded
|

mixage
Administrator
Hello,

The good news is that you can use the pasteboard to copy your library data as tab separated text.
I've just tested this on my 22K song list and it worked like a charm (may require some time to process, don't care).

NB: Only displayed data is copied so check which columns are enabled.

You can alternately open the "(Home)/Music/QMidi/QMidi_Library.sql" file with any SQL database reader.
Mixage Software
www.mixagesoftware.com
Reply | Threaded
|

musicadi
Cool, thank you! How can I import the data back to Qmidi?
Reply | Threaded
|

mixage
Administrator
no way to do this at this time, sorry :-(
Mixage Software
www.mixagesoftware.com