Faulty Apple DLS Device?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Faulty Apple DLS Device?

RetroAndMore
I actually made a clean macOS 10.14 installation, and of course I tested Qmidi.

It was very weird, the DLS device didn't work at all. No output, also in the Audio/Midi-Settings. I new installed the drivers for my Roland UM-One MIDI interface and configured it to work with my Roland SoundCanvas SC-88.

And after this the Apple DLS device was working!

I sorted from my huge Midi collection a lot of files which sound good on the SoundCanvas. Then I booted into an old Mojave installation which was cloned from my Laptop. This had no Roland drivers installed. The DLS device was working, but sounds terrible! On Mavericks, my fresh Mojave installation and Sonoma I have the Roland drivers installed and the Apple DLS device sounds good.

Here's the link to the Roland drivers. Maybe they will improve your Apple DLS audio output.

Roland Drivers

The interface has to be plugged out during installation, so you don't need it for installing the drivers. An uninstaller is provided after installation.

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Faulty Apple DLS Device?

mixage
Administrator
I don't understand how the Roland interface drivers can interfere with the DLS synthesizer. I've never encountered this behavior... Anyway, thanks for reporting it, in case anyone else has the same problem.
Mixage Software
www.mixagesoftware.com
support@mixagesoftware.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Faulty Apple DLS Device?

RetroAndMore
Yes I know, but it's true. The drivers improved the DLS Device on three different operating system versions.