classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

How to crate karaoke lyrics using guide vocal track

Dikikeys
This post was updated on .
Maybe this trick is up somewhere else, but maybe not...

Here is how to create a synced lyrics track using the vocal version of a track, then easily copy it to the no vocal track.

Many of us use custom karaoke tracks these days... make your own mix, mute solos, extend versions, etc.. So it is easy to create identical versions of the export from the DAW, one with vocal, one without. Call them 'SONG.MP3' and 'SONG+VOCAL.MP3'.

Open SONG+VOCAL.MP3 in QMIDI, add and synchronize lyrics the usual way (this is easy and quick, as you have the guide vocal to assist you with timing), do a 'Save' (this creates the .txt file SONG+VOCAL.txt) and export the MP3 (replace the original).

EDIT... I MISSED THIS STEP:

Create a new folder and move SONG+VOCAL.MP3  and SONG.MP3 into it (this is so SONG+VOCAL.MP3 and SONG+VOCAL.txt are not in the same folder)

Now re-open the moved SONG+VOCAL.MP3 in QMIDI, open the karaoke edit window, and a warning dialog comes up saying this will create a new synchronized lyrics file. Click 'OK', but when the dialog box comes up to save it, save it as 'SONG.txt'.

Now open SONG.MP3 in QMIDI, and the lyrics should be already synced..! Export the MP3 (replace the original) and the job is done!

I find if I am doing a bunch of tunes quickly that I haven't yet learned the timing of the vocal exactly, this helps me add a lyrics track accurately using the guide vocal.

Hope this helps!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: How to crate karaoke lyrics using guide vocal track

mixage
Administrator
Mixage Software
www.mixagesoftware.com
support@mixagesoftware.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Dikikeys
I have an easier version of this system now…. As long as you don’t need the .txt file for the vocal version.

Rather than having to create new folders, simply do this:

1.  Sync the lyrics to the vocal version (let’s say it’s called Song w lyrics.MP3 and the version without vocal is called Song.MP3 and they are both in the same folder).
2.  Go to File menu, ‘Export Current…’ and save as the Song w lyrics’.MP3 by ‘Overwriting’ the original.
3.  Now in QMIDI go to Edit in the Karaoke menu drop down. A dialog box comes up saying ‘Do you really want to edit synced text?’ and click OK
4.  Go to Save menu and click ‘Save as…’ and name the file Song.txt (NOT Song w lyrics.txt)
5.  Now open Song.MP3 in QMIDI.  The lyrics will now be synced even though there’s no vocal.
6.  Go to File menu, ‘Export current…’ and save as Song.MP3 and ‘Overwrite’…

Job done!
Reply | Threaded
|

Dikikeys
By the way, if you aren’t already doing this, you will get a far more accurate line or word sync by using the half speed (the turtle icon) feature while you tap along with the guide vocal…