MP3 Lyric export to Roland BK-9 arranger

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

MP3 Lyric export to Roland BK-9 arranger

Dikikeys
Sorry for the hiatus.  I was on tour quite a while, didn't have my usual gear and couldn't test the betas.

I downloaded the latest QMidiPro (2.6.1) and there is no improvement in lyric display with MP3's.

I am at a loss what is going wrong. The lyrics display fine on the Mac, but are unreadable on the Roland.

The problem is, I have other MP3's with lyrics embedded, and their lyric display is PERFECT... So I am confident it is not a problem with the Roland. Please check our emails for the file named WinmilsBst2.mp3

In our prior email exchange, I sent you this MP3 that displays correctly. Is there something different about the coding? About the only thing I have no idea about is the text encoding options (Western ISO Latin 1, etc.) where I can find no mention here what they do. Is it possible they may be having an influence?

Starting a new gig that will require me to use MP3's with lyrics a LOT, and I am running out of ideas...

Thank you....

Diki Ross
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: MP3 Lyric export to Roland BK-9 arranger

mixage
Administrator
Will take a look ASAP
Mixage Software
www.mixagesoftware.com
support@mixagesoftware.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Dikikeys
The primary issue seems to be the line spacing, and the highlight box dimensions...

Lines appear to be crowded one on top of each other, obscuring each other. Perhaps the font size is at fault? The font is always the same size in the Roland (and mono-spaced) and appears to be the same in QMidiPro, but is the initial font size inputted of any factor?

The weird thing is, text embedding in SMF's is still flawless, and does NOT suffer from this line spacing issue.

I know this must be frustrating, particularly as this is admittedly a niche product (the Roland, I mean!), but when other programs obviously don't have this issue and yours does, I am sure you want to get to the bottom of it!

BTW, I believe I also sent you a file called 12TheShadow.mp3 which also displays perfectly in my Roland.

I am back in my home town for the rest of the season, so I will be able to promptly test any betas from now on. I hope we can get this sorted, as I have dozens and dozens of new MP3 mixes to add lyrics to. I use some of the karaoke sites that allow multitrack downloads, so I can remix and restructure to taste, but obviously, doing it this way precludes any lyric data in the files I purchase.

Thank you for your prompt response. You are an example to many software companies on how to do support RIGHT!

Diki Ross  
Reply | Threaded
|

mixage
Administrator
I've sent you some files to test. I guess that the problem is related to how new line characters are saved within the SYLT frame. Let me know by mail.
Mixage Software
www.mixagesoftware.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Dikikeys
2am here, I'll work on it as soon as I get up... (playing all day yesterday)

Thanks for working on this, I know you must be a busy man!

Diki Ross

On Mar 17, 2017, at 1:31 PM, mixage [via QMidi Forum] wrote:

I've sent you some files to test. I guess that the problem is related to how new line characters are saved within the SYLT frame. Let me know by mail.

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://qmidi-forum.1128731.n5.nabble.com/MP3-Lyric-export-to-Roland-BK-9-arranger-tp572p578.html
To unsubscribe from MP3 Lyric export to Roland BK-9 arranger, click here.
NAML

Reply | Threaded
|

mixage
Administrator
This post was updated on .
The problem is that the BK-9 arranger does not handle correctly the newline characters unless they are found in front of the first sync in the new line. Version 2.6.2 should fix this.

Before:
LINE 1 <SYNC1><SYNC2><SYNC3+NEWLINE>
LINE2 <SYNC1><SYNC2><SYNC3+NEWLINE>

Now:
LINE 1 <SYNC1><SYNC2><SYNC3>
LINE2 <NEWLINE+SYNC1><SYNC2><SYNC3>
Mixage Software
www.mixagesoftware.com
Reply | Threaded
|

mixage
Administrator
Fixed in version 2.6.2

I will post a beta version for testing ASAP.

Mixage Software
www.mixagesoftware.com