MP3 lyric display in Roland arrangers.

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

MP3 lyric display in Roland arrangers.

Dikikeys
Fantastic product, but with one serious issue...

I'd like to use  QMIDIPro to embed lyrics into MP3's for my Roland arranger (BK-9, latest OS). I like to use its internal display for lyrics (so I don't have a big old laptop or display making it obvious I'm reading them!). It's a dual display (160 X 160 Pixels, Graphic LCD (Backlit)). I am using QMIDI on a Mac (don't have a Windows PC).

QMIDI embeds lyrics with no problems whatsoever for SMF's. The product works fantastic. But there is a HUGE issue with MP3's. For some reason, the text and highlight boxes are not displaying correctly on the Roland, the words are offset to the top of the highlight box, and lines are overlapping each other, obscuring each line. Essentially, it cannot be used.

However... I have several MP3's with embedded lyrics that display just fine, obviously originally created with a different program. So I do not think it is the Roland at fault.

Would you please check this issue, or look at line and highlight text box spacing for SMF's vs. MP3's, and see if some values are off with the MP3 export?

Like many these days, I am starting to use multitrack MP3's to create my backings (so I can transpose musical tracks while leaving drums and perc untouched, for instance) but this obviously means I must create new lyrics for the new file.

Obviously, you must be doing something different in the export/merge coding to leave the Roland display unreadable for MP3's, while it works spectacularly well for SMF's...

I sent an email today with two file examples of the issue... One made in QMIDI that displays badly, and one not made in QMIDI that displays perfectly. Would you plz compare the two to see what the issue is?

Thank you.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: MP3 lyric display in Roland arrangers.

mixage
Administrator
Hello Diki,

I’ll take a look at this asap.

Thanks for reporting
Mixage Software
www.mixagesoftware.com
support@mixagesoftware.com
Reply | Threaded
|

mixage
Administrator
Version 2.5.12 corrects the bug which corrupted the SYLT tag during MP3 export.
I have also fixed this bug in the 10.6 compatible version 2.5.7.1.
Mixage Software
www.mixagesoftware.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Dikikeys
Sorry I haven't got back to you sooner. Heavy gig schedule and a problem with my email (I can receive but not send... go figure!).

I will be testing this asap and send you screenshots...

Thank you for you efforts.
Reply | Threaded
|

mixage
Administrator
Goooood news! I have fixed this issue in version 2.6.2. You can download update via update menu or from the mixage software site.
Sorry it took so long :-( Thanks for your patience :-)
Mixage Software
www.mixagesoftware.com