Multitrack .WAV/AIFF muting

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Multitrack .WAV/AIFF muting

Dikikeys
I haven't tried this new option yet, but it strikes me it would be VERY useful if labeling and muting options were added (if not already included).

Many bands and small format (solo, duo etc.) entertainers have moved to multitrack backing, with one of the advantages being the ability to mute say the guitar track if a guitarist is playing, or the bass track if a real bassist joins for a larger gig, etc..

It would be very helpful if QMIDI could integrate the advantages of multitrack audio with lyric display...

Plus, of course, the ability to pitch transpose ONLY the pitched tracks and leave the drums and percussion alone (it makes for a far better final product) would be a strong advantage to QMIDI in a multitrack environment.

A way to have in program audio routing of these separate tracks would also be handy, for cueing purposes or separate processing by external mixers and EFX etc.. and a way to label them (in case some exports don't conform to a preset assignment).

It's a big step for the program, but as much as larger outfits and live musicians are using multitrack audio these days, it seems that integrated playback, audio routing, transposition and lyric display would provide a simple solution for entertainers with varying track needs with the same material.

Currently I do a solo, but when I add a guitarist or horn player, I find I need to completely remix and re-lyric my entire repertoire as I use stereo MP3's. I would happily move to multitrack audio if I could still have easy lyric display and the option to mute tracks as needed!
Tau
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Multitrack .WAV/AIFF muting

Tau
I do know the .mogg files but it's the first time I heard about multitrack .wav
Does Logic Pro allow to export such files?
Reply | Threaded
|

Dikikeys
This post was updated on .
Yeah, I'm a bit unclear about this as well...

When you refer to multitrack WAV/AIFF, do you mean 7.1/5.1 surround sound mixes, or is there an unlimited interleaved multitrack format (in other words, say 16 separate mono tracks interleaved into a single file)..?

I can see in Reaper you can export up to an 8 channel WAV interleaved file (you can enter more channels but they aren't available in the drop down menu, so maybe not valid) but TBH I'm not sure how you assign project tracks to each output.

Currently I'm still sticking with stereo 320 MP3's, but might move to a multichannel system in the future if I can consolidate track assignment and muting with lyric display.
Reply | Threaded
|

mixage
Administrator
http://www.e--j.com/index.php/soundfilesmerger/download/

You need a multichannel audio interface
Mixage Software
www.mixagesoftware.com
support@mixagesoftware.com