New BIAB/iRealB GUI type app to create/edit Chord Looper .clb/.cld files based on MIDIKit tech

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

New BIAB/iRealB GUI type app to create/edit Chord Looper .clb/.cld files based on MIDIKit tech

nonchai
This post was updated on .
Why not create a seperate new app focused specifically  on simply editing in a user-friendly graphic way any of the up-to-eight chord progressions contained in a .clb or in a .cld file in the manner of arranger apps like BandInABox or iRealPro. ?

Such an app would for example let one create , quantise ( just at quarter-note resolution - ie single beats - no more needed imo for most stuff ) and edit chord progressions. Currently I often improvise a left hand chord progression and record it - but the timing - and occasional chord command is often mistakenly off - so an easy means of just quantising the chord sysex commands to the nearest quarter note or half-a-bar etc is fine.

I think you would find there is a new market of customers for you if you do this in Yamaha land! And willing to pay for it - specially if cross platform ( easy if you use a developer IDE/API/language like XOJO ).

And you could also consider just releasing this new functionality as a new app - and I suggest could charge a fair bit for it.  As no-one including Yamaha is doing anything like this at the moment.

I would also suggest adding some features to support importing chord progressions from other common file formats - such as MusicXML and ABC Notation. Both BIAB and iReal Pro support exporting their "songs" ( progressions ) as MusicXML - and BandInABox also supports exporting in the ABC notation format as explained here:

https://abcnotation.com