classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Option to use VST or AU with QMidi

João Luiz
Hi Bruno!

First, thank you for creating QMidi. Great app!

Now that Roland made Roland Sound Canvas VA available for the Mac again, would be nice to have the option to use the vat or audio unit of it with QMidi. Especially to verify and play standard midi files.

Do you think its possible to do it?

Thanks for your attention,

Sincerely

João Luiz
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Option to use VST or AU with QMidi

musicadi
Hello Joao,

Just for info: I use a combination of QMidi and MainStage to play midi files. Of course, it's not as versatile as using VST, but it does the job and I always get "my own" sound :)

The problem is it takes some time to set up, as you need to map every single Control Change for all midi channels in MainStage, but once it's done, you get a great sound.

Of course, VST would be a great addition to QMidi :)
Reply | Threaded
|

João Luiz
Hello Musicadi!

Thanks for the info on using QMidi with MainStage, but I hope QMidi will implement the use of VST and/or AU in the future. Would make things a lot easier (especially now with the Roland Sound Canvas VA back on the mac).
Reply | Threaded
|

mixage
Administrator
You can also use Logic as VST host and drive it with QMidi using the IAC Bus. I've created a sample project which you can download here.

Mixage Software
www.mixagesoftware.com
support@mixagesoftware.com
Reply | Threaded
|

João Luiz
Thank You Mixage for the tip and the Logic sample project! I will try it. But I still hope that QMidi implement the use of VST and AU.
Reply | Threaded
|

mixage
Administrator
Hello Joao,

The project have two tracks because I've tested the crossfade stuff (with 2 IAC busses).
The only problem right now with Logic is that it does not respond to sysex master volume messages, so crossfade cannot be done.

I'll have to investigate on this.
Mixage Software
www.mixagesoftware.com
support@mixagesoftware.com