14 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Transport Bar

claude
This post was updated on .
Hi,

Is there any way we can re-size the transport bar in the latest version?

I have included a pic which shows the transport bar over the Lyrics window. It would be great to resize it to make it fit the way we want.
TB

Another useful feature would be to be able to rearrange the "Time" Time Left"  Bar count and time signature to where we want on the transport bar.

Also, Is it possible to while a song is playing, to hit a letter on the keyboard, and it goes to all the songs starting with that letter. A bit like a search feature. At the moment, if I hit the letter I for example in the search field, It comes up with any song title with the letter I in it.  It would be great not to go to the search field, but just hit any letter while a song is playing, and it just brings up all the songs starting with that letter.

Thanks in advance

Claude
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Transport Bar

mixage
Administrator
The transport bar size/arrangement is fixed.

Order the playlist by name, hit a character key to jump to the corresponding row.
Mixage Software
www.mixagesoftware.com
support@mixagesoftware.com
Reply | Threaded
|

claude
Thanks for your feedback, but if I have the songs in a custom order, hitting a character key doesn't work. Can this be a feature? as I don't order my play list by name.

Also, the transport bar arrangement you say is fixed, which version is this because I can't resize it? I have downloaded the Beta version 271b3 and I can't resize it.

Thanks again.

Claude
Reply | Threaded
|

claude
In reply to this post by mixage
Hi,

I have downloaded the Latest Version 2.7.2 and still can't re size the transport bar as you indicated in your previous reply. Could you let me know how this is done.

And I would still love an answer to my searching for a song by a character key. I have the songs in a custom order, hitting a character key doesn't work. Can this be a feature? as I don't order my play list by name.

Thanks again,

Claude
Reply | Threaded
|

Claudio B
The transport bar size is not resizable.

to jump from one title to another in a mixed playlist, try entering a number in front of the name and then sort by name. es. 05 Josephine, 06 Ymca 08 Another day in paradise etc.
taking care to put at least two digits if not three. Test
Reply | Threaded
|

claude
Hi Claudio,

No, Putting a 3 digit number before the name doesn't help. It still brings up every song with that letter in it, no matter where that letter is in the title. It would be great to have it search only by the first letter and bring up all the songs that start with that letter, especially in a custom order. I don't set up my lists in alphabetical order.

Also, Bruno said that the transport bar was resizable??? Has this changed?    Is it possible to make it re sizeable? As you can see from my previous message, It now covers the lyrics screen.

Thanks again,

Claude
Reply | Threaded
|

Claudio B
Hi Claude, maybe I found a trick: in the info of each song, in the "keywords" box enter the letters of the alphabet.
Recalling a letter from the search field will show you all the songs that start with that letter.
The only trick: you have to click on the corresponding letter, not on the playlist but in the search fields.
To do this faster you can select all the songs with the letter A, eg, and in the info window, assign the keyword A at once
Unfortunately, the display order that will result will be in alphabetical order and not customized but will not alter the general order of the whole playlist you set.

As regards the word "fixed" written by bruno, in Italian it means something that is not variable.
Can you find another location for the transport bar?
Maybe down below, under the text window, or above
Reply | Threaded
|

claude
Hi Claudio,

Im not sure if I'm doing something wrong but it still doest work.

Please see below images I have attached. In the first one you can see I have put in the letter "M" in the "Keywords" box for all songs starting with M

In the second image, I have put in the letter "M" in the search filed but it still shows other songs that dont start with the Letter "M"

I just want to see all the songs starting with M for example.

Reply | Threaded
|

Claudio B
See you image
Reply | Threaded
|

claude
Sorry Claudio but Im so confused.
Im not sure what I am suppose to double click??

I can't see the Keywords section to double click. How do I see that like you have showing?

Sorry to be a pain.
Reply | Threaded
|

Claudio B
Reply | Threaded
|

claude
Hi Claudio,

Ok I got it to work and its exactly what I want it to do, but doing it this way, causes me to lose a lot of my screen space to the Alpha list. I can only see half my play list now. See image below.

Could this be a feature in the the future that we can search by letter in a custom playlist?

Regards

Claude

Reply | Threaded
|

Claudio B
Senza_titolo.movIt does not matter that you fully display the keyword field.
You can easily resize by taking the gray bar with the mouse and leave four or five letters visible, then scroll with the mouse and, if the focus is in the field, you can type the letter anyway even if you do not see it.
Reply | Threaded
|

claude
Not the best way to do it, In my opinion it should be able to sort by Key Character in the search field whether its  in Custom order or not. Maybe this could be a feature in the next update.

Thanks again,

Claude