Volume level

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Volume level

Dick Schmitt
I find that it is difficult to control the volume of my keyboard when it is playing midis from Qmidi.  

I would like the Qmidi output to be at one level, and my keyboard input (from my fingers) at a louder level.

Is there a setting for this?

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Volume level

mixage
Administrator
You should be able to control the MIDI channel volume of your keyboard in the QMidi's Mixer.
Mixage Software
www.mixagesoftware.com
support@mixagesoftware.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Dick Schmitt
The volume control on the mixer controls both the volume for the midi output to the keyboard and the keyboard volume as well.  This means that the midi will drown out what is being played on they keyboard.

The alternative seems to be to turn up the master volume and turn down the volume for each track which is quite tedious.

Without the keyboard being able to player louder than the midi, the software is not useable for performing with a keyboard.
Reply | Threaded
|

Dick Schmitt

On Sun, Jan 31, 2016 at 2:21 PM, Dick Schmitt [via QMidi] <[hidden email]> wrote:
The volume control on the mixer controls both the volume for the midi output to the keyboard and the keyboard volume as well.  This means that the midi will drown out what is being played on they keyboard.

The alternative seems to be to turn up the master volume and turn down the volume for each track which is quite tedious.

Without the keyboard being able to player louder than the midi, the software is not useable for performing with a keyboard.

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://qmidi.1128731.n5.nabble.com/Volume-level-tp166p171.html
To unsubscribe from Volume level, click here.
NAML

Reply | Threaded
|

mixage
Administrator
I suppose that you are using your keyboard on a particular MIDI channel, isn't it?

In this case, if the channel is channel 1, you just need to increase the volume of channel 1 in the mixer (or in the related keyboard assignable controller, if applicable).

If this is not enough, the only solution at this time is the one you exposed before. I'm sorry.
Mixage Software
www.mixagesoftware.com
support@mixagesoftware.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Dick Schmitt
Hello,
Thanks for the quick response.  I will experiment with these settings and, if successful, post my conclusions in the thread.

Dick

On Tue, Feb 2, 2016 at 2:32 AM, mixage [via QMidi] <[hidden email]> wrote:
I suppose that you are using your keyboard on a particular MIDI channel, isn't it?

In this case, if the channel is channel 1, you just need to increase the volume of channel 1 in the mixer (or in the related keyboard assignable controller, if applicable).

If this is not enough, the only solution at this time is the one you exposed before. I'm sorry.

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://qmidi.1128731.n5.nabble.com/Volume-level-tp166p176.html
To unsubscribe from Volume level, click here.
NAML