line syncing? Can Qmidi do it?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

line syncing? Can Qmidi do it?

Jim Gall
Is it possible to sync lyrics line by line and how does it show on the screen?  Does it put the line up all at once or does the colour change move across the line with the music.
If it is possible do the start and end of lines have to be marked or just the end or start.
I am good at syncing words and syllables but a full line withn the colour moving across the line would make it more like modern karaoke
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: line syncing? Can Qmidi do it?

Claudio B
Hi Jim, from the karaoke window, click on sync and at the bottom you have to go to the wheel with the gear and join the words. It's very simple. I hope to be proved helpful

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: line syncing? Can Qmidi do it?

Dikikeys
In reply to this post by Jim Gall
It depends on whether you are providing modern karaoke for other people to sing, or are just using it to help you remember lyrics when you are performing….

I use QMIDI to sync lyrics for the backing tracks I use in my solo keyboard show (the lyrics come up on my keyboard’s display) and I find simply highlighting the entire line better as I don’t get distracted by the words highlighting one by one. I do have to split lines quite a bit, as my keyboard can only display so many characters across the screen, but other than that, it works splendidly…

But for regular karaoke, most amateur singers like having each word highlight as it goes across the screen. Of course, this requires far more work syncing accurately, which is why the half-speed option (the turtle symbol) gives you more time to be accurate placing the markers.