No correct play of midi

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

No correct play of midi

Paolop
If I want to do like a DJ  for a disco night with midi I changed the preference play from the first note so put in on several midi play only piano all the track of the midi  other then drums they still ok and I notice that curve form cross-fade must be linear. A part that is not clear how cross-fade work I thought it would be like a fare out and fade in but in reality it work straight with midi also with preload on
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: No correct play of midi

mixage
Administrator
MIDI Crossfade requires:

Using the embedded Apple DLS synth

OR

Using TWO external MIDI devices.

Mixage Software
www.mixagesoftware.com
support@mixagesoftware.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Dikikeys
Personally, if I needed to crossfade SMF's, I'd record them as audio and do it that way...

FAR easier!

Plus, recording SMF's as audio allows you to use better sound sources than you might be able to run live (top end sample sets, drum kits, etc.) or hardware you don't want to haul around to a gig, and master them so they have more punch and presence than a wanky DLS plug-in can give you.
Reply | Threaded
|

Paolop
If I insert the option play from first note some midi do not play as they should. It seems the software is not able to read all midi message and I have only the piano for all tracks while drums still ok
Reply | Threaded
|

mixage
Administrator
Do you use an external synth or the DLS synth?
Mixage Software
www.mixagesoftware.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Dikikeys
In reply to this post by Paolop
Paolop wrote
If I insert the option play from first note some midi do not play as they should. It seems the software is not able to read all midi message and I have only the piano for all tracks while drums still ok
If you start from the first note, the Program change codes that come earlier will not be played into the sound engine. Most GM compatible softwares used the PC#1 Grand Piano sound as default if no PC# was received at all.

If there is an option to 'chase' controllers and PC#'s, you may be able to get a software to send out the correct PC#'s and volumes etc. before it starts to play, but if not, starting from the first note will generally get you only that darn piano sound!
Reply | Threaded
|

mixage
Administrator
QMidi of course sends all this stuff at a very high rate before starting... Maybe your device doesn’t support this.
Mixage Software
www.mixagesoftware.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Dikikeys
My bad, in that case.

I have seen this issue in some Roland gear that offered 'Play from 1st note' as an option. Usually it had something to do with chasing sys-ex...