QMIDI for iPad/Phone

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

QMIDI for iPad/Phone

Dikikeys
I hate to sound like a broken record, but I have extensively researched the karaoke options for iPad/Phone, and it appears that NOT ONE OF THEM allow you to import your own SYLT tagged MP3's for synced lyric display. They pretty much all expect you to subscribe to an expensive cloud service where you download their karaoke tracks, and refuse to allow you to use your own.

This, obviously, is a no-go for professional musicians and singers who create their own custom backing tracks.

So, it strikes me that there is a HUGE opportunity for QMIDI to corner the market on the iPad/Phone. Even a play only solution for MP3's (and keep the computer version for MP3 creation) would be a viable product!

I strongly urge Bruno to consider this. Laptops are not the ideal tool on stage, bulky and intrusive. But tablets are perfect...

Even OnSong, basically the market leader in professional chart and lyric display on iPad/Phone, does not read synced lyrics or display them karaoke style highlighted, like QMIDI does. It forces you through some terrible hoops to autoscroll the lyrics or do strange things to sync lyric sections with track (which your MP3's are already tagged to do, if only they read and displayed the format!).

Add to this the huge market of professional karaoke presenters (who also need to be able to import and display their own karaoke libraries, not be forced into a subscription model using other tracks) and I think there's an opportunity waiting here, Bruno...
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: QMIDI for iPad/Phone

mixage
Administrator
Thanks for the suggestion!

... did you take try to
http://grinta-app.com/ .
Mixage Software
www.mixagesoftware.com
support@mixagesoftware.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Dikikeys
Don't know how I missed that one. Maybe I got the Italian page and couldn't understand the part about importing your own library.

Good find!

Mind you, still think there's room for two, especially with your ability to play multichannel files...
Reply | Threaded
|

Andrea Lelli
In reply to this post by mixage
E' ben lontanto da Qmidi, per più aspetti già citati nel tred precedente.
Non gestisce soundfont per esempio costringendoti a moduli esterni, non puoi editare e importare testi su basi fatte in casa, insomma per me nemmeno si avvicina, e davvero sarebbe un ottima cosa avere qmidi per IPAD. Grazie
Reply | Threaded
|

João Luiz
In reply to this post by Dikikeys
+ 1

Bruno, I think it is really a good time for you to think about making a version of Qmidi for Ipad and Iphone!

Hope you reconsidered your position about it and see the potential.