Two files of the same name play simultaneously (MP3 & Midi file)

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Two files of the same name play simultaneously (MP3 & Midi file)

claude
Hi Bruno,

I have come across this bug, that when two files are named the same, but different format eg Midifile & MP3, they play simultaneously

Operating System:Big Sur 11.2.3   & QMIDI 2.9
====================

Description: When a midi file & an MP3 with the same name is in the same folder, Qmidi plays both files when the MP3 file is selected. NOT when the midi file is selected
===========

Steps to reproduce: have two files the same name, one as a midi file and one as an MP3 file
------------------

Expected result: QMidi should play which ever file is selected, NOT both
---------------

Actual result: Plays both files simultaneously
-------------

Screenshot (if Applicable)
----------

Notes   I have attached a screen shot of the files in the folder. If you would like me to send you the files, I can
-----

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Two files of the same name play simultaneously (MP3 & Midi file)

mixage
Administrator
Hello Claude,

If there is a midi file with the same name as the mp3 file in the same folder, QMidi Pro will play it in sync. It is not a bug but a feature of the Pro version.

https://www.mixagesoftware.com/en/qmidi/qmidi_help.html?page=supported_media.html#file_formats
https://forum.mixagesoftware.com/PROBLEMA-mp3-con-Qmidipro-tt1695.html#a1698

You can solve in two ways:

1 - Remove / rename any MIDI files to avoid synchronized play.
2 - Disable this feature by typing the following command from the terminal and then restarting QMidi:

defaults write com.mixage.qmidipro disableSlaveMIDIFileLinking YES

Mixage Software
www.mixagesoftware.com
support@mixagesoftware.com
Reply | Threaded
|

claude
Ah ok.
The only problem is, that it doesn't play in sync. There is a delay between the two and thats how I noticed it...

Can I ask, when you would need them to play in sync because one is a midi fie and one is an mp3?

Also, any news on when the  “Reset All Controllers”  function will be available?

Thanks again,

Claude
Reply | Threaded
|

mixage
Administrator
Here's a sample use of this feature:
http://youtu.be/0J5F7OXOsAE
Mixage Software
www.mixagesoftware.com
support@mixagesoftware.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Dikikeys
In reply to this post by claude
What audio interface are you using, Claude? How much off is the sync? Is it exactly the same for every file?

If you are using a Mac’s built-in audio, audio latency can be as much as 60msec compared to virtually instant for USB MIDI.

Also, is the audio file directly recorded from the MIDI file? Was there any trimming of the audio file during the recording? Do they both start on the first note?

Having a MIDI file play in sync with your audio could be very useful, to control lighting, vocal effects, send patch changes to keyboards or guitar processors you might also be playing with. Not to mention many digital mixers have MIDI control…